1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dallas Tornados April 2012 ~ Tornados all around me ~ DFW Texas

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 3, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just had some Tornados go over me. I'm south of Fort Worth and on the edge of Mansfield Texas right now. Not a good feeling, saw the video live of those big 53 foot tractor trailers get through around like a deck of cards, just amazing, hope no one was really hurt, but that would be incredible if no one was.

tornado-damage-040312.jpg

Here's the rain out by my work. The rain came swirling around us after the Tornado went past us to the west by about 1/4 mile and then it slammed into Kennedale which is just north of us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD7l...DvjVQa1PpcFP1m2y70GxPdZBirZJ6wCKLq2glG55oHlQ=
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

Looks like round two is on the way, we can hear the winds pickup and see the rain coming our way again.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was watching that live on CNN. I'm now glad I flew out of Austin (through DFW) about this time yesterday instead of today, as the FAA placed a ground hold on all flights originally bound for DFW ... about 45 mins ago.

Stay safe.
  4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It is a bad feeling indeed. We had tornadoes last year here. It leveled our Lowe's home improvement store... Irony! Keep your head down! Stay safe. We are all keeping you in our thoughts!
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah, Steve I saw the tornadoes on Fox news And I thought of you. I wasn't sure if you were close to there or not but I am glad you are okay. I hope everyone else is too. Eyes open and stay safe man. :glasses:
  6. ChevyFan

I updated the OP in this thread with video from the rain that swirled around us after the tornado passed by.
  7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

Wow I thought they got crazy up here,,, Glad your safe Steve.... :glasses:
  8. ChevyFan

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Glad you're safe, Steve.
  10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow. I really hope there aren't many, if any injuries, and no deaths. Forces of nature are fascinating as hell just to marvel at the raw power, but the appreciation lessens quite a bit when human life becomes at stake.