1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Damn kids stealing my firewood

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, May 4, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Ok back to the electric fencing. Instead of a fence from the ground up put a fence from the top down.
    hang wires from a line , kinda like icicles on a tree, high enough off the ground that it doesnt zap the fox. As they walk into the are by your wood they will get a charge from several hanging wires, maybe enough to make them holler.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good call! I will run that one by the wife. That might fly. Then I dont have to worry about my 3 year old touching it
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Claymore mines are a great deterrent. How often do they come? If they come at regular intervals, you can pattern them like deer.
  4. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Let us know what you deside to do. Watch the laws. There are some weird one out there. Makesure you don’t get in trouble for setting traps or harming someone. Just don’twant to see you get in trouble for protecting your own stuff.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

If we were in the middle east you could catch one of them and cut off a paw, funny how one kid missing a hand for stealing is such a great deterent to all the others.
    Like the middle east or not there are a few things we can learn from them.
  6. Coach24

I like that idea as well.
    Please let us know what you did to deter the theft issue and if possible post some photos.
  7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

That's just it, anything that can even cause an annoyance could potentially violate the law, and the poor guy can get sued by these little ass holes.

Yours best bet, OP is to just get one of the cameras and catch the thieves on tape and turn it into the police to let them handle the criminals. All your doing is digging yourself a hole that you may not be able to climb back out of by doing this electric fence deal, PBR bated bear trap or nails on a 2X6. Evidence of a crime will put the ball in your court and will allow the police to do their job.

I just wanted to say that while I am no advocate for thieves, and absolutely despise the bastards, I think it's pretty sad that people would go to such lengths as putting nails through a stick of lumber to deter them, especially knowing how our country caters to criminals being able to sue criminalees (or those being thieved) for bodily harm or whatever. Just please don't retaliate to the point where you can get yourself into trouble! Do the smart thing and get some evidence.
  8. Coach24

Most of us realize that the law can be turned on the violated and many of our suggestions are extreme in some sort of way. I believe we all have been advising in jest and not total seriousness.
    The idle deterrent is a dog that can protect and camera as a back up for the invaders getting the crap scared out of them when the rotty comes a barkin.
    Some of have evil devious minds , but are smart enough to know not to use most of these a fore mentioned methods.
    Look for some humor in the thread and imagine as TV has taught society to do. Imagining what could happen.

Still would like the know on what/ how the issue was resolved.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I, too, am curious on the resolution...
  10. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Don't get me wrong, I found the humor in the posts, but have realized that suggesting an action to some folks over the internet will result in the suggested action regardless if it was in a joking manner or not. Not saying the OP is the type of person to do such a thing, but it's always best for the devils advocate to go ahead and point out the obvious.