Damn near two (2) within a week!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Darknesss23, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

OK this has been a pretty ****ty week... I just had my SECOND Near head on collision within a week... Both of which were because another driver was driving on the wrong side of the road... The FIRST one happened late last week when some woman i guess didn't realize it but tried to get ON to the highway by going down the OFF ramp... essentially this one stretch of highway near me ends and splits... and in between the off/on ramps is a very long over pass that sort of connect the two... but no some woman couldn't read the ONE WAY sign and had in her vehicle a couple of kids and a handicap tag for the rear view mirror...

TONIGHT as i'm about to turn right onto a main road... some ******* in a silver nissan xterra decided to pass the vehicle in front of him/her on a stretch of road that is 95% SOLID DOUBLE YELLOW LINES!!!! the other 5% are much further down the road... so my truck is 1/2 way in the road when i see this vehicle so i Stopped immediately and instead of this vehicle using their brakes and slowing down to get back behind the car in front of them they sped up even faster and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeezed the vehicle between my car and some old brown mercedes (the car in front of the nissan) nearly clipping my car by inches and shoving the merceds off the road...

WTF... sorry i'm just venting because this is ridiculous... I hope this next week is better...

2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Be careful out there! I've had my number of near misses this week too. It must be the week for idiots on the road.

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

must be a bad week, i got ran off the road by a semi was passing after the tanker stopped at a rail road crossing and bam he decides to turn in to a neighborhood without using his signal swings her wide and i had to hit the ditch at 40mph when i hit the dirt on the shoulder my ass end swung down and i was sliding sideways and almost hit a sign but i got her back on the road in time (this was a two lane county road so no shoulder and steep ditches)

4. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

neighbor just got t-boned at the end of our road she's ok but what a shame her dodge ram doesn't look like it's gonna make it.

5. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

I know how it is, i have had many close calls.

6. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

about a year ago, we had someone pull the "pass infront of an oncoming car" trick and he wasn't so lucky. the guy hit the oncoming car and knocked him off the road into a swampy area next to a lake.

7. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

What i hate the most is that i have friends who told me "I pass people on solid yellow lines all the time if they are too slow" ...I need new friends!

8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Maybe you could convince her to buy a GM:lol:. Ok maybe not the best time for jokes. Atleast she was ok, that sucks. All this sounds like trying to drive in Southern California. Everyone is in their own world and could care less about other drivers.:grrrrrr:

9. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Most definantly a perfect canidate for a new gm truck!!:lol: