1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Darn Circuit City

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Crakums_GT, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

Here's my issue. A while back I went all out and bought a stereo with all the bells and whistles one being XM radio. The problem is, one day I turned on the stereo, and when I pushed the "source" button to get to XM, XM was no longer there. Now I'm not the brightest when it comes to the electrical side of the automotive house, so I figured I'd pose the question. Should I take the time to take the dash off and check the connections and such, or should I take it to a professional installer somewhere? I can't take it to Circuit City for them to fix since they are no longer open. Thanks.

-Greg
  2. drumrob

drumrob New Member

I would just call xm they can usually run a diagnostic and can tell you if the xm is working properly or if its you deck that is not working, that way you eliminate one or the other when you take apart the dash
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2 on calling XM first :great:
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Call the manufacturer of the HU, XM will probably say its not their product anyway.