1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dash and counsel lights

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Conlan Rose, Jan 17, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

has any one replaced the lights in the dash and counsel on a 1996 tahoe or any late 90's truck with LEDs. slowly the lights in my counsel have been dying out and i need to replace them. at the moment my gauges havnt gone out but they are fairly dim but most of the other lights on the counsel are out like the climate control and 4wd back lights and rear wiper back lights.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I know there is/was a write up on how to do it, there is alot of soldering involved if i remember correctly, i am sure you could find something on youtube as well
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Search is your friend. I searched for the following key words: LED dash conversion
    This thread was among the results: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...t-conversion-to-LED?highlight=dash conversion

That's the thread pertaining to the gauges. 99-02 use twist-lock bulbs. 03-07 have to solder. I don't know on a 96 -- perhaps check with your local stealership's parts person to see if you can look at a dash diagram ... and hope it uses twist-locks. (I'd expect it to, but that's still just a guess.) The other option is, of course, to take the gauge cluster out and look. (That's a 7ish minute job, so it may be the quicker router.)

I'll leave it to you to search for the thread containing discussion (and even photos) of climate control LED replacement. There is one. Search is your friend!
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

thanks and ill call dealership and check my repair manual maybe it might have some diagrams. thanks for the help.