Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dash bezels....

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sstoner911, Apr 27, 2010.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ok, So i have painted other bezels of past trucks with Krylon Fusion flat paints and sprayed a clear of them and good results.

I painted the left side bezel, instrument cluster bezel, and the bezel that goes around the radio and A/C controls, however, I used the Fusion Black Gloss and It has fustrated the hell out of me.

The left bezel I put too many coats on and the paint on top is dry and the underneath seemed dry to until I put it in the truck....one day of 90 degree temps and the paint underneath is like jello.. I can push on it with my finger and indents then flattens out again....its been in the truck for 2 days plus 7 day dry time off the truck!

The other 2 bezels dont do that but if I tap it with my nail it leaves an impression in the paint! WTF! Both of thos had 7 dry time before I installed them also!!

I was going to buy the bezels new and start fresh, however for all three its $290.00! Sooo...I will be sanding them down again!

My question is has anyone seen this with the gloss and should I go back to the flat with a clear.

Or does anyone know of any company that sells custom bezels - not the overlay stuff but the actual bezel?
  2. myfirstgixxer600

myfirstgixxer600 New Member

Sounds like you applied the paint way to heavy. You only need a few thin layers of paint to give you color then your clear. Make sure you use the clear. It will be a whole lot easier to clean.
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think your right. Its going to be a weekend of sanding!