Dash Crack Recall / Class action lawsuit

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by fordee7, Jan 16, 2014.

1. RayVoy

RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Some one with the problem and living in the US needs to talk to a class action lawyer. The do this at no charge to individuals, just a percentage of the settlement, or the judge may award costs to the winner.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ray in theory Thats a great idea, in reality it'll never happen.
    Heres why; since it doesn't really fall under any safety issues its a cosmetic issue, and being a cosmetic issue means the possible payout will be much lower, and any law firm looking to take this on will want a large settlement that generates a large payout for the legal firm since thier investing their legal knowledge and time, billable at x amount per hour, not enough money on the settlement equals not enough interest in investing in the suit since no one gets rich. We live in a financially based world now a days, the pro bono world is a myth from days gone bye. No money to make "Me" rich means no representation, we no longer represent because its "the right thing to do".

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'll bet a lot of GM vehicle have cracked dashes

A few years ago someone got pissed that the ink cartridge they bought wasn't filled, a $20 ink cartridge.
    A class-action suit was started. Anyone who ever bought a cartridge with this company's brand was invited to join.
    The settlement was a coupon for a free cartridgr; but some lawyer made a bundle.
    Replacement cost X a lot of cracked dashes = big $ for lawyer

4. Florida

Florida New Member

Add me to the list!! My 2013 GMC Sierra has those cracks also.

5. aggie0608

aggie0608 New Member

What is the latest on any kind of class action lawsuit or potential recall on the cracked dashes?

6. fast401

fast401 New Member

I'm in....I hope this doesn't happen to me. I just bought my 07 last week with 124 thousand on it and I just got it back from the shop because of an oil pan leak.

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Loving the Outdoors Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I got one right by the passenger side air bag to the defrost vent. Count me in..

8. mhanlen

mhanlen New Member