1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dash filler - trying to find part

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by RogerH, Nov 1, 2012.

1. RogerH

RogerH New Member

Hi All,

When I installed my backup camera this last weekend, I toyed with mounting the LCD using the knockout next to my traction control button.

I have a 2004 Suburban LT 1500.

I am looking for this knockout (in the picture -- the one to the left of the traction control button if you can't see the pic).

Of course the moment it comes in is when I will find the one I dropped somewhere... but anyway :)

dash_part.GIF
  2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm gonna say that the junk yard would be the place to find that... Might even be able to find one there for nothing or for very little.
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This weekend I'll be heading to the junkyard. If I come across one, I'll try to grab it. That knockout should be standardized in the 2000+ bodystyle pickups and SUVs that have those knockouts.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would like to see pics of the backup camera you went with and pics of it installed. I may be putting one in my 05 yukon xl.
  5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My '03 had it. I know there is a 2001 in the local junker. I will go look at it this weekend.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

@rogerH, I'd like to see what camera and mount location you went with, too. I already have one but it's mounted just above my 7spade trailer connector and I am contemplating a mod to move that connector to the step bumper (like the NNBS trucks have) and cut off the welded-on bracket for it. This would cause me to lose my camera mount location, so a replacement camera is on my list.

@Pikey, for a factory look tailgate bezel mount on a 99-06 model, this is about all that's around (link: http://www.cubbycam.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=12) but it's stupidly expensive.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  7. Pikey

I would have to go with the lift gate glass cam. But, it may not fit my truck as it says that anything made after 04/05 had a design change. I would like the mirror screen but hey don't have one for my truck. So, I would like the cubby screen. You were not kidding, that is pretty spendy, about $800 for the setup! [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] , I will pm you my address, you can ship it to me :) .
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't have one and I"m not buying one for myself unless I have no other option. I just ordered this (link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PN1A54) from Amazon and think it will fit in the truck's tailgate bezel and probably look a lot like the cubbycam bezel once I'm done. If I find it unworkable (due to diameter, depth of install, etc) before I attempt installation then it goes back and I might try this (link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006N5C0O0) since it can be flush-mounted on one side of the bezel...
  9. Pikey

I was suggesting that you could buy one for me and send it to me! :gasp: