Dash in general [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by TrailLeadr, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd prefered to swap out my dash all together for a 95 or newer. I don't like the layout, and that cruddy little stereo that can't be directly replaced. Granted I would need to change my door panels out to match, but would that be so bad??
    The only thing stoping me, is whether or not the door panels for a 95 will match up with a 93 door.
    Does anyone have, or know of anyone who had experience with this, or will I be the first?? :lol:

2. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a '95 and if it would help I can send you some pictures or maybe try and answer specific questions about them.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Where are you going to get this dash at?

4. TrailLeadr

I'll either see if I can find a junked parts 'burban, or save my pennies, and buy it from CKResto.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Suburban dashboard in general

I have done this in the past. In a suburban you at least have some room to work inside of it. Might be a good project for a week or two if you're doing it part-time.

6. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Dakota Digital has some nice kits as long as your scrapping the whole thing already. Custom has it's advantages.....

7. TrailLeadr

I always wondered what my dash would look like if it were digital. I think that would look pretty good. Thanks for the suggestion MN_Burbon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.