Dash in my 2003 chevy silvarado quit working

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Jonah, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Jonah

Jonah New Member

I just bought a 2003 chev 1500 silvarado for my first vehical. A few months later the dash stoped working nothing works at all only the tachometer. i have went through 2 differnt clusters since i bought it and tryed to repair one, they will work for a few weeks and then the quit working to. if any body has any ideas on what i can do to fix it I would appreciate it cuz im all out of ideas and dont want to keep spending money if it will only work for a month or two.

Thanks
    -Jonah

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Along with none of your Gauges working except for the Tach??....do any of the Warning Lights... Brake, Air Bag, Seat Belt and Check Engine Light do they come on??......on the 1-Dash Cluster you've bought and repaired, what repair did you do to it??

3. Jonah

Jonah New Member

all my warning lights come on. the only repair i did was a kit that i bought me and my dad did some work and changed the motors on the gagues

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Jonah, with New Stepper Motor's Installed for the Gauges, but your still having Problem's with the Dash Cluster, at this point, I think you need to contact a Shop that does the Repairing and the Fixing of these Dash Cluster's, and have them take a look at yours.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree! There are places that you can ship it to that does a complete rebuild (new motors, power supply, bulbs) and testing for $125 plus shipping. that includes a lifetime warranty

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014