1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dash Kit/Wiring Harness For a New Deck!!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by xoarmani, Nov 26, 2012.

1. xoarmani

xoarmani New Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking to buy my boyfriend a new deck for his car. I was looking at the Sony USB/CD/DVD Car Video Deck with 6.1" Touchscreen, iPod/iPhone Control & Aux Input (XAV64BT) but apparently he'll need a dash kit and a wiring harness?! I have no idea whether this deck is a good product or not, and I know nothing about all the accessories he'll need to make it all work.
    If someone could please let me know whether this is a decent deck and explain what else I'll need to buy that would be awesome!
    He drives a 2008 Silverado, and it just has the normal deck that the car comes with right now.
    Thanks for your help!
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. dobey

dobey Member

Both of those links just go to the Vehicle Fit Guide, and not separate products, btw. :)
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I put in the vehicle. But, I would have no idea what would be needed. I think that more info might be needed. Is it or is it not bose? Does it have steering wheel controls? Is there a special harness needed for onstar? Hopefully the original poster will answer the bose and controls question. Then someone else come along and tell her exactly what is needed .
  5. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

If the truck has onstar then use the PAC parts OS-4. Those will work with or Bose or without Bose. It's a much better harness then most other harness that leave you with a static sound. pacaudio.com.