Dash Kit/Wiring Harness For a New Deck!!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by xoarmani, Nov 26, 2012.

1. xoarmani

xoarmani New Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking to buy my boyfriend a new deck for his car. I was looking at the Sony USB/CD/DVD Car Video Deck with 6.1" Touchscreen, iPod/iPhone Control & Aux Input (XAV64BT) but apparently he'll need a dash kit and a wiring harness?! I have no idea whether this deck is a good product or not, and I know nothing about all the accessories he'll need to make it all work.
    If someone could please let me know whether this is a decent deck and explain what else I'll need to buy that would be awesome!
    He drives a 2008 Silverado, and it just has the normal deck that the car comes with right now.
    Thanks for your help!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3. dobey

dobey Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Both of those links just go to the Vehicle Fit Guide, and not separate products, btw. :)

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I put in the vehicle. But, I would have no idea what would be needed. I think that more info might be needed. Is it or is it not bose? Does it have steering wheel controls? Is there a special harness needed for onstar? Hopefully the original poster will answer the bose and controls question. Then someone else come along and tell her exactly what is needed .

5. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

If the truck has onstar then use the PAC parts OS-4. Those will work with or Bose or without Bose. It's a much better harness then most other harness that leave you with a static sound. pacaudio.com.