Dash light Help...

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jstutz101, Apr 26, 2010.

1. jstutz101

jstutz101 New Member

I have a few bulbs that seem to have burned out in the climate control area of the dash. Does anyone know how the dash comes apart to get to the bulbs?

Thanks!

2007 Silverado Classic
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

the entire dash trim comes out as one piece, it surrounds the radio, HVAC, over the instrument panel, and over to the lighting controls. It may have a couple screws but for the most part its help on with pressure clips. Just pull gently with firm pressure and it will pop off.
  3. jstutz101

jstutz101 New Member

Ill give that a try. You wouldn't happen to know what kind of bulbs light up the HVAC controls? It would be great if they were available at a auto parts store. My wifes 4Runner are only available at the Toyota dealer - I hate car dealers!

Thanks Again!

Jeff
  4. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member

the bulbs are LEDs which would require tearing your climate control open to get to them.then you would have to solder in the new LEDs after tearing out the old ones..ive got the same problem and it seems more trouble than its worth so i just learned to live with it
  5. jstutz101

jstutz101 New Member

Good to know - I agree, I think I will let that go!
  6. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

You can get repplacement HAVA units pretty cheap on ebay