Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Dash switch missing?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by tattooed4life, Aug 19, 2009.

1. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I recently took my dash apart on my 1999 Yukon( not the first time I've had to do this) and I noticed a plug that goes to nothing still wrapped in factory foam. It's like it's missing the option that it controls but I have no idea what it's for.

Location of mystery harness--
    Behind main dash bezel that goes around gauge cluster, radio, and heater controls.
    Access panel on left side of radio that holds rear wiper switch, rear cargo hatch release and a blank spot.
    It appears by the location of the harness and the length that it goes to the blank spot.(removable panel)

Question is what does it control, what am I missing? I have not seen any yukon's, tahoe's or suburban's with a factory switch there. Help, if it's something I can add, I'd like to. Thanks

2. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

Fog lights?

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if its not a denali they didnt offer fog lights from the factory, chevy only did on the 2000 tahoe Z71 for the last year of the old boxy tahoe, a picture would help greatly BTW

4. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I will get a picture up tomorrow.

5. Mattdtrue

Mattdtrue Rockstar 100 Posts

Mine has a couple if those noticed this when installing my cd player...one has remote power used it to power my gps all wires are now hiden