Dash switch missing?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by tattooed4life, Aug 19, 2009.

1. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I recently took my dash apart on my 1999 Yukon( not the first time I've had to do this) and I noticed a plug that goes to nothing still wrapped in factory foam. It's like it's missing the option that it controls but I have no idea what it's for.

Location of mystery harness--
    Behind main dash bezel that goes around gauge cluster, radio, and heater controls.
    Access panel on left side of radio that holds rear wiper switch, rear cargo hatch release and a blank spot.
    It appears by the location of the harness and the length that it goes to the blank spot.(removable panel)

Question is what does it control, what am I missing? I have not seen any yukon's, tahoe's or suburban's with a factory switch there. Help, if it's something I can add, I'd like to. Thanks

2. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

Fog lights?

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if its not a denali they didnt offer fog lights from the factory, chevy only did on the 2000 tahoe Z71 for the last year of the old boxy tahoe, a picture would help greatly BTW

4. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I will get a picture up tomorrow.

5. Mattdtrue

Mattdtrue Rockstar 100 Posts

Mine has a couple if those noticed this when installing my cd player...one has remote power used it to power my gps all wires are now hiden