dashboard question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by GMCZ71, Sep 27, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. GMCZ71

GMCZ71 New Member

I recently got a dash for my 96 sierra and its different from the one that's in there now...where the cigarette lighter and auxiliary ports are located are different...the new one has a flip down hatch to expose the auxiliary ports and cigarette lighter where the old one is in the open...I was just curious if the new dash is gonna fit where its different like that
  2. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Can you post a picture? The '95 dash had a big ashtray door and when you open it, it exposes the ash tray and power points. The '96 has them exposed with little spring loaded doors over the bottom two ports and a separate ash tray. These pieces are interchangeable. There are 4 snap clips that hold them in. I didn't like the ash tray in my 95... It was nasty and it wouldn't close. I replaced it with the unit from a 96. Took me about 10 minutes to change them out. Wiring is the same.
  3. GMCZ71

GMCZ71 New Member

Thanks...that answers all my questions...I was hoping i could swap that out because I like having just the flaps instead of the pull down ash tray...you have been a huge help...thanks again
  4. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You are very welcome. Glad I could help!