1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dashboard

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by lowriderinms, Oct 29, 2009.

1. lowriderinms

lowriderinms Rockstar

hey got a couple of questions...
    how do you take the dashboard out of a 98 c3500.... i guess the cab is just like a 1500...
    can you swap dashes with the other ones in the 94-98 series..
    does anyone have a link to a website that gives you a breakdown of removing a dashboard?
    havent decied what ill do but the dash i have is crackin off bad so its gotta go..
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

The dashboard (guages) or dash pad?
    I'm pretty sure that there are just a bunch of screws around the perimeter; 7mm, I think.

Try LMC, they usually have pretty good pictures of how things break down. Check the salvage yards, too. Lots of trucks came in for CFC that might have good dashes.

Good luck,
  3. kuziwr

kuziwr New Member

The acutall dash is rivited to the body. So you have to remove them and i guess either screw the new one in or get a big a** rivet gun to put them back. They are huge