Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

dashcam shows border patrol agent causing wreck blaming innocent driver

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ChevyFan, Apr 25, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I wonder how the border agent felt after he found out there is no left turn there? It looked like the light was green to me so I would have said "Yeah I seen the green light I had, whats your excuse for turning left at it without waiting let alone not supposed to be turning left anyway?"

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

From what I understand there is no requirement for emergency response vehicles to obey the no left turn sign. However, they are required to use extreme caution and make certain that the intersection is clear before proceeding.

The driver of the van clearly didn't see the driver with the dashcam and vice versa. This is because the dashcam driver was in a low lexus car and line of sight between the van and the lexus was obscured due to the two vehicles in the left and center lane blocking.

Just a mishap ... It's just to bad that the van driver tried to pin the blame on the dashcam driver.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I understand there is no requirement for emergency response vehicles to obey the no left turn sign. However, they are required to use extreme caution and make certain that the intersection is clear before proceeding.

The driver of the van clearly didn't see the driver with the dashcam and vice versa. This is because the dashcam driver was in a low lexus car and line of sight between the van and the lexus was obscured due to the two vehicles in the left and center lane blocking.

Just a mishap ... It's just to bad that the van driver tried to pin the blame on the dashcam driver.

4. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

Dont understand why they dont have to follow the same rules, doesnt make any sense

thats totally appalling & alarming

5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Just watched the video. Pretty slippery slope to be honest. If watch the slo-mo part of the video where the dash cam driver hits the van, the van has its flashing lights on. That also explains why the other cars that were going the same direction as the dash cam car were stopped at the green light - they saw an emergency vehicle coming and yielded right of way like they should have. The dash cam guy just didn't see the emergency vehicle until it was too late.

6. AA1PR

AA1PR Rockstar

yes you really have to watch the slow motion to catch that, I missed it the first time

7. ChevyFan

The driver with the dash cam was required to stop, but he didn't see the van. The driver of the van was required to make certain the intersection was clear. Which person did the most wrong is the question.

Honestly I've been through situations where everyone else is stopped for no reason and it makes me want to hit my brakes instinctively out of fear of the unknown.

8. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cool story. Glad no one was hurt at the end of the day. Doesn't surprise me that they lied about the events.
    On a side note being an operator of a E250. Did you see the P.O.S. E250 fly apart? My point exactly about Ford in general, what a joke that a Lexus can knock over a van. Thank goodness 2014 is the last year for the E250 now maybe my company will get me a real van....

ChevyFan likes this.
  9. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Yeah but was it considered an emergency vehicle?? Blue and white lights are not considered emergency lights here in NY Its considered a courtesy to move over for them such as volunteer firefighters use in their personal vehicles. (Even tow trucks use yellow and blue with white strobes at times)ect. Several vol. firefighters have told me they are not allowed to disobey any traffic law for any reason unless they're in an official truck with red lights. Obviously the police, ambulance, fire chiefs, fire trucks ect all have red lights (and some with blue also)on their vehicles. Also the vehicles stopped in the left lane could have been in a designated left turn lane so it would'nt have been unusual for them to be waiting for oncoming traffic to clear before proceding through. Its easy to armchair quarterback when watching the video but to experience the exact scenario in real life with things the camera doesnt catch (for example what else was going on around the dashcam driver he may have been looking at ect.)is hard to really compare IMO. I think the dashcam driver will win his case though.
    ps. If it was here in Buffalo, NY a cop would have snagged that camera out of the car and made it disappear because they've been caught on camera way too much lately beating people and even crushing a cell phone taking video(He forgot to get the sd card out lol)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014