1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Updates Database crapped out this morning

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Aug 16, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sorry guys we did a database update yesterday and looks like it got hung-up overnight somehow. ??? We're looking into it, all we had to do was do a server restart and it all came back up normally, I guess there might be one piece of code in one of the plug-in's that needs to be refreshed to the new mySQL database commands ...

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what the deal is, but it might be a good time to make the move to the new software platform official. :)
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I noticed the site was down about an hour ago.
  3. ChevyFan

It's been running slowly for a day or two now, we're in the process of doing some server-wide cleanup and getting it all ship-shape.
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That explains it. I also noticed the horrific load times on pages. I'm in agreement that now's as probably a good time as ever to get the changeover done.
  5. ChevyFan

Turns out that some other accounts on this box (there is 0% chance that we got hacked ... just saying that now) ... but another account that I run a website for someone got compromised and injected with malware that tried to start sending out emails. We have an anti-malware software on here, but the malware and anti-malware fought against each other and it caused the database to run out of memory ... hence the database service crashed, etc.

Not going to happen again, I'm in the process of moving everything that's not-essential to another server right now.
  6. squatchy

squatchy Member 100 Posts

I don't even care to think about all the work that goes into what you do. I've had my laptop for like 4 years and still don't know how to turn on the webcam.
  7. ChevyFan

Just working at it all. Going to look at moving the site to xenforo tonight, but the wife wants to go out to dinner. lol

- - - Updated - - -

... I'm working on doing a migration again, I've done this 3 times already and hopefully I can get it right this time. :)
  8. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Was just about to go through a big hassle with cable/internet customer service. Last night GMTC wouldn't load and other web sites very slow, doing better now after a system restore
  9. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Seems to be getting better, I couldnt even log on for 2 days:frown:
  10. ChevyFan

Seems to be something with the database backup, it keeps crashing after 1:30 am ... I'm looking at it.