Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Daughter In A Wreck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Al Stefanelli, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Al Stefanelli

Al Stefanelli Member

If you are a parent, never take your kids for granted. Tell them you love them EVERY day. If you're a teenager, slow the hell down. I don't care what you think, you are an inexperienced driver. I thought I lost a daughter last night. My hands are still shaking...

HERE'S A LINK ABOUT THE WRECK: http://www.adspi.com/crs

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hopefully she learned her lesson. Kids thing they are infallible. I know I did when I was 16. Glad she's OK.

3. Al Stefanelli

Al Stefanelli Member

Thanks, Jim. Yeah, I've flattened a few out in my youth. Ten feet tall and bulletproof. I got a few more gray hairs added to my collection yesterday.

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

When my oldest son was 16 he flattened out his nose against the windshield when he was hit in a wreck. It wasn't his fault and he was wearing his seat belt. I know the feeling when you get that phone call. :)

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thank the Lord they are both o.k., I know I worry all the time about my kids driving. People are just in such a big hurry all the time any more, they have no patience. I have people pull out in front of me all the time, it's as if my truck is invisible, and I know my kids text and drive at the same time so they are not giving the road their full attention, I just hope and pray they make it through their early driving careers enough to wise up. We all think we're invincible at that age but not everybody learns until it's too late.
    Good Luck with your daughter, hopefully she'll realize how lucky she was.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Glad she's ok. Been there, done that on my end. I rolled a car and front-end wrecked another when I was 16-17. The roads are so much more crowded these days, I think I'll put a govenor on whatever I give my kids to drive.

Anyhow, glad that's she's ok and hopefully learned a good lesson.

7. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've been to a bunch of car accidents as a first responder in my town.. now that i think about it the ones where the car flipped over are the ones with the least injuries, some have even been able to walk away without a scratch... I'm glad your daughter is ok and hopefully she'll learn to be a better driver after this... I know when i got my license I had one accident and haven't had an incident since then... if you don't count the deer i hit a couple years ago... but insurance co. called that an "act of god"

8. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Glad to hear that it was nothing more serious than bent sheetmetal.

Training the kids to drive can challenge one's parenting skills.

My son is the careful one. Put off getting his license til he was 18. Did not want to get started driving any earlier! My daughter is the fearful one. She won't pass a truck on a narrow road, hates to drive farther than 50 miles, and tries to get her brother to drive her everywhere. My son is a good driver and a pleasure to ride with. I get nervous handing the keys to my daughter, and its everything I can do to behave myself when I'm riding shotgun with her at the wheel.:gasp:

9. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Glad to hear your daughter is ok. I'm 18, and haven't had any accidents. I can be an somewhat aggresive driver at times, but I know my limits. I don't text while I'm driving and i usually don't answer calls, mostly cause i can't hear them over my music haha), and I use my remote to control my stereo (if any of you have driven an old suburban like mine, you'll know the stereo isn't a very convenient location :lol:). Neither of my parents has been in an accident, so I guess I've gotten pretty lucky too. I can't imagine how you must have felt when you got that call, but I'm glad to hear she's ok.

10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

So glad to hear your daughter is OK! I've gotten "that phone call" a couple of times and it doesn't get any easier. My youngest is 36 and I still worry about getting "that phone call"!