1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

David Letterman drives the new Ford electric car with Alan Mullaly

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 4, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Just thought this was interesting, it's a good looking vehicle for sure, just wonder how an all-electric is going to work for most people if that's their flagship powerplant for alternatre energy.

2. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 New Member 100 Posts

The only thing that I don't understand about electric cars, is what about the rolling black outs? At least here in California, we are always worried about using too much electricity. Let's say that I buy an all electric car, what am I going to do if my area's power went out. How am I going to get anywhere?
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

easy, buy a big gas guzzling generator for you house and plug ur car into it!

Alex
  4. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 New Member 100 Posts

Hahahaha, that could be my small part to Global Warming, Al Gore would be so happy. I could say hey, I am driving a "green" car, you never said anything about my house.
  5. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin New Member 100 Posts

They probably didn't think about how much their helping the earth with an electric car their probably ruining it with the giant generator. So much for trying to stop global warming.
  6. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member 100 Posts

front ends look decent on them
  7. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yea it is a good looking car. Ford chose the path that Nissan took in they made it electric - period. I am not sure Chevrolet's decision to make a mostly electric hybrid is going to pan out. The electric range is poor but you are not range limited in the sense you are with the electric cars. Also, as with Nissan and Chevy, expect Ford's range to be less than what is stated.