Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

day time running lights

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Evil_E, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Evil_E

Evil_E Member

i would love to turn these bitches off. im about to do HIDs and dont want them coming on all the time. i see the button...but no idea how to bypass. any idears would be appreciated. thanks in advance fellers.

2. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

You can pull the fuse in the fuse box in the side of the dash. The green light on the insturment panel will still come on but no lights.

1 person likes this.
  3. stanstrif

stanstrif Member

try this web site it worked for me

http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html

4. Evil_E

Evil_E Member

yall are alright in my book

booya...thanks guys. exactly what i was looking for. i knew about the fuse, but wasn't sure if that would effect anything else. ill give that a wirl.

5. stanstrif

stanstrif Member

yep yep have fin with the hid's

6. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It worked for me! These guy's and gal's here know what they are talking about! :glasses:

7. Evil_E

Evil_E Member

well my fogs are tied into my DRLs' so ill just wait till i get my HIDs and rewire them. but thanks again folks.

8. jbt56

jbt56 New Member

Did you follow the instructions from the link to DADRL? That shows how to remove the DRL relay. That *shouldn't* affect the fog lights, as far as I know.
    My '97 doesn't have fogs, but I removed that relay. I have the green dash indicator, but no DRLs.:party:

9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Pulling the fuse didn't affect my factory fog lights! Chevyboy96 was right, the green light stays on, but I can deal with that!:lol:

10. mrfixdit

mrfixdit Rockstar 100 Posts

daytime running lights

I have a 97 Silverado and all I do to turn off the daytime running lights is press the E-brake just enough to activate the switch in it but not enough to apply the brake. I get a "brake" warning light on my dash but the headlights don't come on unless I turn them on. I don't know if this will work for you but it suits my needs.