Daylight Savings Time - Fall back

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Remember to fall back and set your clocks back 1 hour.

Unless you're lucky enough not to have to mess with this nonsense.

2. poncho62

poncho62 Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I know, I know....Stayed up later last night so I could sleep in, still woke up at 5.15....new time

Gonna be grumpy all day now.......just letting you know in case I post something stupid.....:sign0023:

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This freaked me out this morning. I was still up well past midnight. The clock on my dresser said 0230 and when I went to set the alarm on my phone, the phone said 0130. I really had no idea this morning was the day to change clocks back. Talk about not paying attention. :rules:

4. ChevyFan

I get so screwed up by the time change. I wish we would end this nonsense. In dfw Texas we are on the western part of the Central time zone. So I imagine that we will have sunlight until about 5:30 today (which we would have called 6:30) ... and the earliest that the sun sets is actualy pre-winter (not to be confused with the winter solstice) at 5:22 pm. Even though the days keep getting shorter with much later Sunrise times.

5. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I remembered and reset the clocks, even the one for my truck radio, before I turned in for the evening. Didn't want to though. Humbug! Sure going to misss the extra dayllight.

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Like Steve, I live in the western edge of my time zone (Atlantic), so I would like to see DLS stay all year long. If I think of the eastern edge of the next zone (Eastern), year round DLS would be a huge advantage, it starts to get dark there at 4:00pm.

7. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I slept in today and then remembered, so I guess that I didn't!

8. ChevyFan

I lived in Spokane, Wa for 7 years. That's pretty far north and on the eastern edge of the Pacific time zone. I remember all the time growing up there when it was cold and snowy and dark at 4:15 ... usually just before Christmas is when I remember it the most.

9. ChevyFan

10. ChevyFan

Ugh. Crashed early last night. Woke up to early today.