Daylight savings Time

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TahoeFever, Mar 8, 2008.

1. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

before heading to bed it's time to turn ahead the clocks tonight

:gasp::gasp:

2. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

well cr@p, there goes aan our of sleep down the drain :rofl:

3. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

Day light savings is a sore spot to me, I have more cops in my family then I can count. The ones that are in traffic control say that in the fall the accident rate goes up about 20% over night, the reason in their minds is you get out of work tired and then it is suddenly dark leaving some a little disorientated. Makes sense to me!! Think about it it was implemented in the 30's to aid the been farmers, now they cling to it saying it helps with the school kids. I guess it may help some what but what about the dads that injured or worse. I have felt for many years there should be a grass roots thing to get it done away with.

Your thoughts always appreciated!

Phil

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I got the clocks set back last night.

Now they're talking about Daylights Savings Time being an energy-savings thing. Personally, I like it to be light in the afternoon/evening instead of the morning. I'd like it to be stuck in the Daylight part so that it stays light until 5:15 PM in the winter down here and it carries over to a lesser or greater degree north and south of me.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Oh also, in school I worked at Domino's pizza ... this was 95 and 96 up in Seattle and the day that it turns off for Daylights Savings time was one of the busiest pizza ordering days becuase it was suddently dark and everyone went home depressed and just ordered pizza.