1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS 1999' hoe

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by megawells, Aug 20, 2009.

1. megawells

megawells New Member

Anyoe know how to disable the daytime running lights on a 99 Tahoe?
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

Pull the fuse, did it on my yukon--I hate daytime running lights!
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

x2. The fuse is in the panel you see when you open the drivers side door.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

x3, but your dash light for the DRL (green one) will stay on when you dont have your headlights on
  5. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

I pulled my gauge cluster and removed the bulb for mine--really easy to do, not to mention it gave me a chance to give the dash a real good cleaning!
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

My dash could use a cleaning, that's for sure. If I had it apart, I could pull the ABS light, and put in all LED bulbs, eh?
  7. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member

Sounds like your working up a plan of attack.:lol:
  8. crazyforgms

crazyforgms New Member

pulling the fuse work on my 98 k 1500
  9. gmc2000

gmc2000 New Member

There is a sensor switch on the parking brake. mash the brake one or two clicks and the lights will turn off. it works on my 99 burban.
  10. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

Why would you want to disable the DRLs?

People appear to make up reasons to hate DRLs. About the only valid reason I've heard to disable DRLs was from [MENTION=61344]Cowpie[/MENTION] as he drives on his farm and does not want to take a chance on spooking his livestock. Pretty much all the other reasons are on the order of "just cause".