1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

daytime running lights???

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Badbird, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Badbird

Badbird New Member

Does anyone know how to shut off the daytime running lights besides having the E brake on.......???
  2. JABLAZ02

JABLAZ02 New Member

badbird, what model year are you driving?
  3. Badbird

Badbird New Member

1997 chevy tahoe 4dr. 4wd.
  4. JustHoe-in

JustHoe-in New Member

Im not sure if this will work for you or not but do you have a Dome light override switch? if so push it 4 times and you may hear a chime this will tell you the Driving lights are out. Good luck. Let me know if this works.
  5. 99yukon

99yukon New Member

I know that trick works for the 2000 and up Chevy trucks but it does not work on my 99 Yukon.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, we had this same (or similar) conversation in the Silveradoclub.com website. This functionality started in the 2000 model. You may be able to switch out the 2000 and 99 light switches, not sure.
  7. CompToyZ

CompToyZ New Member

Toggle bypass the ebrake switch?