1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Daytime Running Lights

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Revredneck, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

My 2003 Silverado doesn't act like all the others I've seen, and the owner's manual doesn't address the issue. Whenever the ignition is on, the lights come on, both headlamps and tail lamps (as normal when you actually turn on the lights). It has the automatic switch, and I can manually turn them off, which I usually try to do in the daytime. The daytime running lights have never come on since I've had it (about 8 months now). It doesn't really cause a problem, but I'm curious about why it works this way and if there is some way to change the programming.
    Good Luck and God Bless
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As you didn't mention it, have you check the Bulbs and/or the Connections for the DRL's??......and have you checked the Fuse for the DRL's, to see if it is Blow-en and/or has been removed by the Previous Owner??
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 what Mike said. May be bad fuses or previous owner removed.
  4. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

Well, I got it fixed. Someone has had the dash cover off and they left the "eye" hanging down inside the dash. It wasn't sensing daylight, forcing the headlights on all the time. I thought it looked like something was missing up there. . .
    Good luck and God bless
  5. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I just posted a repair for this, Rev, in case you still need it. It is in the general silverado section.