1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

De-badge!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by adampaul1964, Mar 21, 2009.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was cleaning up the cars today and while I was cleaning my truck something struck me funny! After seeing all the threads about de-badging and de-molding I realized that I'm probably the only guy who's actually added badges to his truck! Hope there's somebody else out there who's gone this way! :glasses:

Attached Files:

2. 178kchevy

178kchevy Member

I think thats cool. Where did you get those?

Jeff
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks, I thought so too! I got them at the local Chevy dealer,I can't remember for sure what they cost but I'm thinking $10 per pair, but don't quote me on that! I think all 2007 and up G.M. models have that badge on them somewhere, which is basically where I got the idea, my truck didn't have an LT badge or anything there so I thought it would be a nice touch :glasses:
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep that's definately a first, everybody normally wants to take that stuff off. I think that leaving the badging on is showing that you are proud of your GM, but I also know that Adam is trying to keep that GM OEM look to his truck which is cool! It is the poster child for OEM parts, keep up the great work:party:
  5. lvz2ryd

lvz2ryd Rockstar

Mine are comin off want em?
  6. Swatchvy

Swatchvy Rockstar

I added SS badges on the doors of my 03, seeing it was my own super sport. Definetly a fan of doing something like that so long as its done tastefully. Truck looks great by the way :great:
  7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Adding badges is neat except for the guy driving a 2002 tahoe and he slaps on escalade tags. The one I don't like is the 22" people put next to their tires, it looks tacky.
    I plan on removing mine some day, I think.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Now that's funny! I had actually went to the Cadillac dealer when I first bought my Silverado, and I purchased a Cadillac crest for the engine cover in my truck. I finally decided against it, and now I have that $100 emblem in my desk drawer collecting dust! And you are right some things just don't look right, and that is definately one of them. :happy:
  9. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

there is a guy in frankfort driving a 4 door dually with a cadillac emblem in his grill lol
  10. rebelchevy03

rebelchevy03 New Member

De baged

Yea man it looks good. I debaged mine as im more into the clean look. The only one i have is the polished one up front on the grill. And thers no mistakin a chevy! :lol: