1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dead Accessory Power Outlets, Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by petest50, Feb 8, 2007.

1. petest50

petest50 New Member

My Trailblazer 04 EXT has dead accessory power outlets. I can't find a fuse or any reference to a fix. My cigarette lighter works fine.
    I pulled fuses and they look good.

Any suggestions?

Pete S

:confused:
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The fuse for the power outlets is different than the cig lighter. Technically, the other power ports are called the "front auxillary" & "console auxillary" power outlets.

(for the benefit of others) You can find the fuses in the rear fuse block, which is located underneath the drivers-side rear seat. (Just lift the seat up and you'll see it). The fuse for the front & console auxillary power outlets is AUX PWR 1, fuse #46 - 20 amps.
  3. petest50

petest50 New Member

I went to the dealer and was told where it was. I couldn't believe that the ONLY reference to a fuse box in the owners manual was the one under the hood. I find this to be really lame on the part of GM not to mention that the vehicle has 2 fuse boxes.
    Is the omission just sloppy on the part of GM or is it a ploy to get the customer into the dealer?
    I have to ask myself if the Japanese auto makers would make this mistake?
    This comes from a person that has owned mostly GM produts for many years.
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hmmmm. The owners manuals for my Chevy's indicate the location of all fuses and fuse panels. Odd that GM dropped the ball on the TB.:rolleyes:
  5. thevolkp

thevolkp New Member

I just purchased a 06 TrailBlazer. Neither the cigarette lighter or auxilary outlets work. Since the vehicle was previously a rental I am assuming that the fuses for these were taken out. I see that the fuse for the auxilary outlets is #46 from the reply above. Does anyone know the location for the cigarette lighter fuse?

Thanks.