1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dead in the water!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by DonnieB, Nov 21, 2010.

1. DonnieB

DonnieB New Member

The clock has been resetting itself back to 2004. Not a big problem. Today, all the electrical failed- the keyless entry wouldn't click, the interior lights were out- everything dead. The battery connections are clean and tight. After about an hour, everything started to work again. What is going on?? How do I put a stop to this? Thanks!
    2008 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec
    81000 km
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! I wish I could help but we are having a similar problem with out 07 2500HD 6.0. The battery wants to die if its not been driven at least twice a week. Something is draining the battery but I can't figure out what. Your's is strange though since it works again after an hour. Hopefully someone else has any suggestions! Also is it throwing any codes?
  3. DonnieB

DonnieB New Member

no codes- not even a dead battery- just no electrical for a while?? I'm guessing an alternator or battery issue, but with all these computer things in there now- who knows? Hopefully someone here can help.
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does it just do it at completely random times?
  5. DonnieB

DonnieB New Member

totally random
  6. DonnieB

DonnieB New Member

it was a fried battery.
  7. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Hmm.... I'm glad that you figured that out. How did you realize that? Did you just replace the battery and notice that everything was working fine again?
  8. DonnieB

DonnieB New Member

We did a load test on the battery and it failed. A new battery, and all is well...so far.