1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dealer work ~ 2008 Chevy Colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by Lew, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Lew

Lew New Member

Have a 2008 Canyon, Crewcab, with the 3.7 I-5, 3.73 and auto tran. I'll be pulling a boat a couple of times a year and live in the south with 90+ temps. I bought a trans temp gauge and went to the GM dealer to get a price on putting this in for me. They won't do it since it is "aftermarket". Sothen I asked about getting the wiring harness (flat 4 wire) for the trailer. They didn't carry those, and they suggested going to a parts store. So I'm 0 for 2 at the dealer. Guess who won't be getting ANY service work from me. I'll go to AMCO and see if they can put in the temp gauge, and I'll have to go with the newer round 7pin/4pin connector for my wiring.
    So far I'm loving my truck, and it is getting 22-23 mpg in my everyday driving.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So they tell you they can't install the aftermarket t/gauge, but then tell you to go to the auto parts store for a aftermarket wiring harness. Makes sense to me. LOL.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Your better off doing the work yourself, that way you get to bond with your truck and learn about her.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I asked about an "adapter" for wiring for a "flat" connector and got the same answer you did when I bought my new Colorado. As you say I won't go back unless it is "Warranty" work.
  5. thethein11

thethein11 New Member

6. Lew

Lew New Member

Wound up getting the UltraGauge for $39.95. Easy to hook up...I just plugged it in and then identified all the gauges and set up the ones I want. Still playing around with this but am pleased so far.
  7. marine59

marine59 New Member

i have a 2005 4-dr colorado i pull a pop up i have I-5 engine auto i went to auto zone they set me up with a plug in harness it plugs into wiring at rear of trk, ( brake tail and trn lights ) its 7 pin had to run a wire to brake switch to a brake control for electric brakes on trlr.i wired right off battery to brake controler, it works well with no problem. good luck i never go to dealer i purchased a repair manual i do not trust anyone to work on my colorado.