Dealership gone!!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by drumrob, Mar 16, 2009.

1. drumrob

drumrob Rockstar 100 Posts

So I bought an 09 Silverado ext cab about three weeks ago. They needed to install the keyless entry system and the side moldings. So we went this morning to get all that worked out and they tell us that we barely made it because today is the last day the dealer will be open . Sales are too low to keep that dealership open and Honda might be taking over that dealership. It sucks that they didnt give us a ring to let us know, I mean I have bought 4 trucks from them in the past 5 years.... Well hopefully they install everything that needs to be done to it because everybody was in a bad mood, they can easily just brush it off and say they didnt have the parts and just send me to another dealer... Oh this dealership is in Chula Vista CA

2. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hard times for everyone right now. I hope it snaps out of it soon.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I feel your pain, my damned conversion place went out of business 3 months ago and no one bothered to call and tell me that my warranty was void for the conversion part. I hate having to switch to another dealer like that, they treat you like it's not their problem because you didn't buy it from them. I hope you have good luck with whatever dealer you get hooked up with..........:neutral:

4. drumrob

yeah I guess I have to start fresh at another dealer

5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Since I deliver new vehicles to the local dealerships from out of state, I've noticed that a lot of the other places I'm picking them up from are talking about closing, or are just selling us the last of their stock.
    It's only going to be the dealerships with the strongest ties to the area, and the best customer satisfaction that are going to survive after this dollar crunch is over.

6. drumrob

Wow thats crazy!!! So haul different manufactures or just one.

7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

its hittin hard around here too. the dealership in frankfort wen out, but that was due to other things from the economy, and the one in lawrenceburg is out too. i have to drive for a ways to get any where for a stock part

8. 04blackz71

04blackz71 Rockstar 100 Posts

i have seen it here in carlisle pa there is olny two chevy dealers close to me and one is where i bought my truck and i dont like that place for what they did to me and the other one is in shippensburg

9. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Business is actually really slow right now, but pretty much for GM, and Dodge. It's not really hauling. These are individual car runs. So it's babying the car/truck the whole way, like a long test drive. In fact I have one in the morning coming from PA to a local Dodge dealership in RI.

10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That sucks, I know a few dealerships here have left and a few more are talking about going out of buisiness.
    The auto auctions are real slow with decent trade-ins.
    I wonder if theres any plans through the manufacturers to ensure their customers are reasonable taken care of when these closing happen, lets face it their plans are to survive and just leaving the customer out in the cold might affect future like brand purchases.