Dealership or Stealership?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Do you buy a new/used vehicle from a Dealership or a Stealership? Have a favorite?

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bought my truck from a dealership that were very shady and dishonest. I got the truck of my dreams for a price that I was happy with and got what I wanted for my trade-in but after I left with my new truck, they turned their back on me and would not help me with my complaints or problems. Wouldn't you know it that 1-month later they lost their dealership from GM and are now a big used car dealer.
    I now use Curt Warner Chevrolet in Vancouver, WA for all my service and warranty needs. I like how they call you a few days later to make sure you are satisfied with the work done to your vehicle and the way you were treated at the dealership. :great:

3. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

stealership all the way ..went in for a trany swap under the gmpp warranty they screwed it up had to go to another dealership to fix the thing to get it running ... still not shifting corectly

4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well I'm a little both ways. I think I got a great deal. I ended up saving a little over $11,000 on the whole package but the truck I really wanted that was a bit more expensive they dropped the price on it the next day bye $8,000. I confronted the sales manager and he was like sorry to bad. I was pissed considering they had already sent the flyer out to the paper and didn't give me that deal. But anyways I figure I got an awesome deal, somone else just gets a better one. :great:

5. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

Roy Robinson Chevrolet in Marysville, Wa were great to deal with. The deal was done over the phone, I drove down and signed the paperwork and received the orientation of the truck and was out of there in under one hour.

6. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

I thought you have a period of time where you can change your mind and bring back a vehicle, is that correct?

7. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah I thought that too. In most places you can but at this particular dealership You can't. I didn't believe them so I took out all the papers I signed and right there at the bottom in like 4 size font it says. Once the truck leaves the dealership it may not be returned or something like that. So I was like ya got me. :grrrrrr:

8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We recently bought an 08 HHR from Vandegriff Chevrolet in Arlington Tx. and so far my opinion is theyre a good dealership.
    I wanted specific color, interior, and options. I found the car I wanted in Houston Tx. I didnt have time to drive to Houston and the dealership was high on the price. I went to Vandegriff, gave them a build sheet from the Chevy website and told them this is the car I want and here's how much I'll pay. Once they found they didnt have the car I wanted on site they never tried to sell me dealer stock, they located the car (happened to be the one in Houston), and gave me a price. I agreed on the price and they had it shipped to the dealership 3 days later. My wife looked it over and test drove it, the next day I went in and signed the paperwork.
    Vandegriff gave us $2000 cash back instead of the $1500 Texas dealers incentive.
    As with all dealers they gave us the warranty and extra's sales pitch, we went in with 80% cash and an open loan from the credit union for the balance so we didnt need dealer financing.
    The only other issue was a small ding on the fender which they gave us $250 credit in the parts and service department and used paintless dent to remove the ding in less than 10 minutes while we were signing paperwork.
    All totaled we made 2 trips each to the dealership and spent less than 3 hours there.

9. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

I got both a stealership dixie buick,gmc pontiac in fort myers florida. ripe offs, there service sucks. Now I rec. Devoe Pontiac service no problems as of yet. I also rec. Bill Branch chevy in Ft. Myers and Roger Dean Chevy in cape coral fl. for service. as for buying a vehical I go out of area over charge. Id rather go to Orlando Fl to get a better deal.