Dealing with Insurance Company's - Namely Progressive

Discussion in 'Car Insurance Reviews' started by Burnall4, May 26, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. Burnall4

Burnall4 New Member

I searched to see if this rant has been covered: here is my search http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/search.php?searchid=758251
    So, if everyone can remember a deer ran into my truck about 2/3 weeks back. My car is at the body shop and is awaiting parts. Here is my dilemma: My truck is a 2005 with 22,xxx miles and barely driven. They needed to replace, mounting hardware, lights, bumper, grill and radiator and some misc items.

Progressive says that since my truck is over three model years old, they won't put OEM parts on it, to put back to "pre-crash" condition. So, I have bitched and complained and bitched and complained and worked my way up the ladder. They agreed to put an OEM radiator in my truck, but nothing else OEM.

My Question: How do I get them to replace all the parts with OEM? I mean when talking to these guys, they had been in the business for a long time, and they had the script memorized on how to answer my demands for OEM parts.

They said basically, if I want to come out of pocket to pay for OEM thats all me...I told them no, its not. I want OEM because it fits right, and it doesn't devalue the truck.

I take very good care of my vehicles, I keep very detailed records, down to third brake light bulb receipt from Advanced Auto. I have all of the parts that were taken off, and in my warehouse to store them if I ever go to sell it, say "here you want the parts".

Information that might be helpful: Have had progressive for over 12 years, third accident that was my "fault", I live in Va and I am leaving Progressive for a different insurance company after this is done.

Thanks for letting me rant :great:
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  2. Burnall4

Burnall4 New Member

here are the pics of the damage

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Burnall4

Burnall4 New Member

4. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member 100 Posts

If you read your policy it says about the non oem parts I learned that the hard way also.

Talk to your body shop and they can get used parts for some of the items and for me it was better than a new non oem especially since the truck is so new the parts should be fine.

I looked at a new non oem bumper for my truck and one about 10 years old that was minty and cost less guess which one I chose :great:
  5. MPH4045

MPH4045 New Member

yeah there really is nothing much you can do. if they want to put used parts or aftermarket parts on they will. what ever saves them a buck. most of the time they will want to put aftermarket parts on. unless the parts dont fit they will go to LKQ which is used parts. LKQ is good cause most of the time its OEM parts.