GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Debadge Emblems

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member

Hey guy's i just have a few questions concerning about taking the silverado and other lettering off minus the bow tie emblems. When your taking the chrome lettering off will there be holes from where the lettering was or not... and will there be sticky film left on the paint from doing this? What would be the best way to get the sticky film off?
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

There won't be any holes if you plan on removing the chrome letters, though there will be sticky residue leftover. Use a heatgun and a credit card to scrape off the majority of the adhesive, then use Goo Gone or an equivalent adhesive remover to get the rest off.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Alright thanks man i think it will look allot cleaner when i take the lettering off from trucks i have seen so far.. i am going to just leave the GM square emblems on though most people take them all off i'm going to try something different. I appreciate the help bud.
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

I actually added the G.M. badges to my C-pillars. Wanted to be different too!

[​IMG]
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah man i was thinkin about makein the gm badge black but not sure though idk what all to do and i don't want to mess anything up i know it wouldn't be hard to do 2 pieces ha.
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Your badges actually look more like they belong on your C- pillars instead of their original home.
  7. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member

x2. I actually used a hair dryer on high heat to heat up each individual decal (letter) and then a credit card or fishing line does a great job of pulling it off. After that, Goo Gone does wonders (and it smells good... like citrus).
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

thanks man yea i finally got around to taking them all off Except the square GM lettering on each side, i also used a blow dryer and credit card and adhesive remover. It was a time consuming process but look's cleaner on my truck. I just got done washing all the mud off and from underneith my truck from last weekend and got it waxed and cleaned up. I will take pic's tom. and post them and tell me what yall think
  9. Chad513

Chad513 New Member

Did this to my truck. looks a lot cleaner. hopefully you think the same!
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah man i do think it looks good ill upload some pic's here in a min. with it like that tell me what yall think guy's..
  11. Rockstarrchevy81

12. Rockstarrchevy81

I have some all black with silver outline z71 stickers on the way to match the wheel and everything and also air filter will be in this week and getting my exhaust tip's painted black will all be done this week. The truck is still dirty haven't washed it at all but my next mod's are some n fab or go rhino black nerf bars cab length and when my tires run down some nitto trail grappler's but will be awhile ha. Also i will have better pic's when the truck is cleaned up and when i put battery's in the camera to have good quality ones thanks.
  13. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

Looks awesome:great:
  14. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member

Yeah, that definitely looks better! Nice job.
  15. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

That looks great man!! Definitely a sharp truck!
  16. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Looks good, I vote to remove the square GM tags as well. They look kind of odd without the other lettering there.
  17. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i was debating on taking them off or not, i was also thinking about just painting them tom. when i do my exhaust tips i guess that would look better since it wouldn't be so noticable but yall chime in and let me know something i'm just tryin somethin different and if i don't like it all i gotta do is pull it off lol no biggie. Also when i do paint the GM badges will i need to sand them down or what?
  18. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Yeah, you do need to sand them down, try to get as much of that chrome stuff off as possible. I also used an adhesion promoter before painting. I have done my twice. The first time the paint started to chip real bad so the second time I used an epoxy paint...much better. Here are a couple of pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. Rockstarrchevy81

look's good man i just want to do the GM lettering like that just too make it different from everyone else's i don't like to copy cat what people have done lol i like to go off of it and get my own ideas you know man,
  20. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

I know exactly what you mean