1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Debadge Emblems

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey guy's i just have a few questions concerning about taking the silverado and other lettering off minus the bow tie emblems. When your taking the chrome lettering off will there be holes from where the lettering was or not... and will there be sticky film left on the paint from doing this? What would be the best way to get the sticky film off?
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

There won't be any holes if you plan on removing the chrome letters, though there will be sticky residue leftover. Use a heatgun and a credit card to scrape off the majority of the adhesive, then use Goo Gone or an equivalent adhesive remover to get the rest off.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Alright thanks man i think it will look allot cleaner when i take the lettering off from trucks i have seen so far.. i am going to just leave the GM square emblems on though most people take them all off i'm going to try something different. I appreciate the help bud.
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I actually added the G.M. badges to my C-pillars. Wanted to be different too!

[​IMG]
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah man i was thinkin about makein the gm badge black but not sure though idk what all to do and i don't want to mess anything up i know it wouldn't be hard to do 2 pieces ha.
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Your badges actually look more like they belong on your C- pillars instead of their original home.
  7. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

x2. I actually used a hair dryer on high heat to heat up each individual decal (letter) and then a credit card or fishing line does a great job of pulling it off. After that, Goo Gone does wonders (and it smells good... like citrus).
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

thanks man yea i finally got around to taking them all off Except the square GM lettering on each side, i also used a blow dryer and credit card and adhesive remover. It was a time consuming process but look's cleaner on my truck. I just got done washing all the mud off and from underneith my truck from last weekend and got it waxed and cleaned up. I will take pic's tom. and post them and tell me what yall think
  9. Chad513

Chad513 Rockstar 100 Posts

Did this to my truck. looks a lot cleaner. hopefully you think the same!
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah man i do think it looks good ill upload some pic's here in a min. with it like that tell me what yall think guy's..