Debadging yukon

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by empire88, May 26, 2009.

1. empire88

empire88 New Member

How can I get the silver side badges off? The chrome thats on the door/back panel

[​IMG]

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I used Fishing,a Heat gun or Hair dryer.Then a 3-m Eraser or Stoners Tarminator to remove any left over Adhesive .

3. empire88

empire88 New Member

That was a fast answer, and gave me just what I needed to hear.

Was it hard? can I do it myself or should I have a buddy help me out?

edit:
    and before I do this, does anyone know if these are held on by adhesive or if they're held on by holes in the body?

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

They are put on with adhesive,and this is something you can to by yourself.I took off the badges and Door trim about 3 months ago and it took me about 1-1/2.One other thing I should mention,and that is take your time.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  5. empire88

empire88 New Member

aightt cool thanks for the help.

would it be wise to just have them painted black? I was told without them I'd be risking major door dents.

6. Mattdtrue

Mattdtrue Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks better with out them...just park futher away from store we all could use a walk! LOL

7. empire88

empire88 New Member

Thats a good point.

Another question, this thing has 185k miles. What should I be on the lookout for??

8. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

A good deal on a new truck.....lol j/k one thing to really keep an eye on is leaks of any kind and of course any abnormal engine temp. Gaskets/seals and hoses can start cracking and things like that. You should be fine for a while though. Well maintained I've seen 220k + run just fine.

-Greg

9. empire88

empire88 New Member

Trust me, I would be buying new if I could afford it. I'll make sure to look for any leaks/ heat issues. Would it be wise to just take it to one of my mechanics?

How long will a transmission last before I'd need to replace it?

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

Thats a hard question to answer,Are you having any problems with it Now?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009