Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Debadging

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by TylerR04, Apr 25, 2009.

1. TylerR04

TylerR04 Rockstar

I have a friend who I was talking to the other day and he wanted to de-badge his 2002 LT Tahoe. He was afraid that the Chevy emblem and word Tahoe on the drivers side door and passengers side door were screwed in from the back somehow and not glued on. I have taken the pinstripe off mine and a couple of the decals and now he has me worried about the Chevrolet on the back tailgate of my 2004 Tahoe. I know people have taken all there badges off so please help us! Thanks in advance!!

2. Browntowns20s

Browntowns20s Rockstar

nope. none of the badges or moldings have screws...except the grill.

3. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

as stated. all glue

4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Be sure to do a good buff and wax job on it after you remove your decals because it may show up in direct sunlight and say silverado or what ever you have after the decals are removed. I had to wax mine and they went away.

5. Browntowns20s

Browntowns20s Rockstar

the best way to pull them off is to go buy either piano wire or some high test fishing line and cut the adhesive and then use an eraser wheel and a drill to zip off the adhesive... this is how i pull everything off at work and i never have a problem

6. TylerR04

TylerR04 Rockstar

Thanks for the help!

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I didn't want to start a thread for this so I will post it under here, I finally after 4 years took my chevy dealer tag off the back of my tailgate. It was a chrome badge not a sticker, and It was stuck on aftermarket PPG paint. I used 40lb. test fishing line and worked it slowly, It came off in one piece but it definately needed Goo-gone and a good wax job. It has a little bit of a shadow, but not enough to mess with so It worked out good. Now I feel naked back there, I guess I just miss that little piece of chrome.

Look at the lower right hand side of the tailgate, that is the Chevy Spitzer emblem in chrome.
    [​IMG]

This is after the small debadge job, looks a lot cleaner and NO I am not getting rid of the Regency tag in the middle of the tailgate it's part of the package I paid good money for that!
    [​IMG]

8. chiefcric

chiefcric New Member

Another method to take off the badges, is to take a hand hair blower, heat up each letter or emblem, and use dental floss to cut it away from body. They slide right off.

CC

9. 1S1K

1S1K Rockstar 100 Posts

Just got all of mine of my silverado. I have always done this. question about the z71 stilcker. it does not look cleared over. has anyone removed theirs. any issues.

I like some of the aftermarket ones on ebay "weston signs" the color options look good to go IMO.

any advise on the front emblem?

Thanks,

10. Browntowns20s

Browntowns20s Rockstar

the z71 shouldnt be cleared over unless you had some shady body work done in the past- they should just peel right off without a problem, and the front emblem, if you mean the one in the grill, there are two self tapping nuts on the back then you can just pop it out and paint it