1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Debadging??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mpitts19, Feb 20, 2010.

1. mpitts19

mpitts19 New Member

I am trying to figure out how to take the "silverado" and "chevy" logos off. To make a clean good look. If anyone knows how please let me know. Oh yeah I have a 2005 extended cab Z71.
  2. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi i use 10ib fishing line cuts them right off.
  3. STS_Silverado

STS_Silverado Member

yup i used the fishing string too and what ever is left just heat up a little and use some sort of plastic scraper and just keep it flat so u don't scratch the paint.... took all the emblems and the tacky trim off the side like this and it looks great.
  4. fx2offroad

fx2offroad Rockstar

I use 3M General Adhesive remover, I get it at O'Rileys.
  5. Bigg G

Bigg G Member

I normally use a heat gun to get them hot (heats up the glue ) and then you can simply peel them off and use some 3M decal glue remover to clean off the glue residue.

On older trucks you pretty much have to use a 3M Pinstripe Eraser Wheel to get the glue residue off.
  6. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The heat gun worked for me on the emblem and the tailgate protector when I removed it to accommodate the tonneau cover. :great:
  7. Wicked46

Wicked46 Member

I like this mod!! The only problem is my truck is black. I'm wondering if you'll be able to tell once I take them off (Like sun fading). I also need to tear off the pinstripe but am worried about the same thing.
  8. mpitts19

mpitts19 New Member

So taking off all the trim on the two doors. I will jsut have to use like a blow dryer and get it hot, then just start to peel it right off??
  9. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

10. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

Heat em up and pull them off. Then use a 3m stripe off wheel to remove the rest of the adhesive. Thats what i did and it was simple.