Debadging??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mpitts19, Feb 20, 2010.

1. mpitts19

mpitts19 New Member

I am trying to figure out how to take the "silverado" and "chevy" logos off. To make a clean good look. If anyone knows how please let me know. Oh yeah I have a 2005 extended cab Z71.

2. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi i use 10ib fishing line cuts them right off.

3. STS_Silverado

STS_Silverado Member

yup i used the fishing string too and what ever is left just heat up a little and use some sort of plastic scraper and just keep it flat so u don't scratch the paint.... took all the emblems and the tacky trim off the side like this and it looks great.

4. fx2offroad

fx2offroad Rockstar

I use 3M General Adhesive remover, I get it at O'Rileys.

5. Bigg G

Bigg G Member

I normally use a heat gun to get them hot (heats up the glue ) and then you can simply peel them off and use some 3M decal glue remover to clean off the glue residue.

On older trucks you pretty much have to use a 3M Pinstripe Eraser Wheel to get the glue residue off.

6. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The heat gun worked for me on the emblem and the tailgate protector when I removed it to accommodate the tonneau cover. :great:

7. Wicked46

Wicked46 Member

I like this mod!! The only problem is my truck is black. I'm wondering if you'll be able to tell once I take them off (Like sun fading). I also need to tear off the pinstripe but am worried about the same thing.

8. mpitts19

mpitts19 New Member

So taking off all the trim on the two doors. I will jsut have to use like a blow dryer and get it hot, then just start to peel it right off??

9. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

10. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

Heat em up and pull them off. Then use a 3m stripe off wheel to remove the rest of the adhesive. Thats what i did and it was simple.