1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Debris in radiator

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by MauryFrench, Jul 21, 2011.

1. MauryFrench

MauryFrench New Member 100 Posts

Hello, all. Its been a while. As the emails almost daily remind me. Anyway, I popped the radiator cap the other day while checking fluids and there was some debris on the radiator cap. I would say powdered detergent color and size. I have driven it a lot lately, and drove it from Houston to Dallas (no choice) after finding the debris.

Any ideas? I plan to do a drain and flush tomorrow. I plan to catch the coolant and try to filter out some of the debris to show my mechanic, but would love to hear opinions. I can add this; I had bypassed the heater core a couple of months ago while working on the AC, and have never hooked it back up. I cannot fathom how that could have caused anything but nothing surprises me anymore.

Thanks,
    Maury
  2. MauryFrench

MauryFrench New Member 100 Posts

Interesting addition: I just popped the hood to see if there was debris on the radiator cap to show my mechanic and its clean. No floaties either. Since I don't want to poor anti-freeze down the drain and there is no more debris I am going to hold off on doing anything other than monitor.

I am still interested in opinions, though. Thanks!