1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

decent price for a 2005 2500hd ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RATRODKING, Sep 2, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. RATRODKING

RATRODKING New Member 100 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item565a931d60#vi-content

guys, i found this 2005 silverado 2500hd 2 wheel drive truck online and was wondering what you guys thought about the price ? asking 12k, has 6.0 motor, leather interior, and only 79k miles.
    how are the 6.0 motors ? dependable ? how will the gas mileage be ?
    i need something dependable and really would like a 4x4..... but this looks tempting..
    thanks for any help you can provide.
  2. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

what about the specific pkg it has ? 4 dr / ext cab / wheels / any other added equipment ?

these vehicles do have a wide range of prices. in farm country they are most expensive / with more demand.

retail sales price would be about 12,000. with 4X4 14,000 .

private sale should be able to work around 10,000 area.

mpg would be 16 . 6 L engine is good with 2wd plenty of power for tow/haul.

with this being in a warm climate be careful that the coolant system has the proper amount of dexcool . if the coolant looks dark/ also a gray color chances are the corrosion is eating away the engine metal and this would be a expensive fix. the water used should not be tap water especially in florida. if non distilled water was used this is very damaging.
  3. RATRODKING

thanks for the input j-cat. i searched and see that engine has 300hp. should be plenty of power, especially since all i every haul is a 14ft aluminum jon boat.
    i will think about it this week and see if i decide on purchasing it.
  4. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I hope your planning on using a 2500 for more than hauling a 14 ft alum boat. 16 MPG would be the max .
  5. RATRODKING

not really, i just like the look of the truck and the price. im use to 14mpg in my 1990 k1500, so if it gets that it wouldnt bother me..
    thanks man
  6. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member 100 Posts

jcat, I am glad you clarified that mpg. 16 would be on the highway, bare bones empty, 60-65 mph. I have owned two, and they are pigs, in my opinion (owners of 6.0's, no offense meant). RATROD, for the money you are talking about, you can find a very nice 4x4 1500 with a good 5.3 that will pull that boat easily, and more, and get 20+ on the highway. The motor will go 300K if taken care of.Jim
  7. RATRODKING

thanks for the input jim. yea, i did some research and found the 2500hd estimates out at 10mpg city and 12 highway. OUCH... its a tough looking truck and i think a great price, but i have no real need for a 3/4 ton truck, so i will keep looking i think.
    thanks again both of you for your input.