1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

decision on component speakers

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by silverado346, Jan 15, 2013.

1. silverado346

silverado346 New Member

I'm looking at getting new component speakers for my 09 silverado ext cab. I will be putting 1 12" sub in it. So i was wondering which component speakers would sound the best in a silverado with 1 12. I'm leaning towards the alpine type-r's or the JL c-2 650's because I have a price range around 300. But I would also like to know what im paying my money for and if anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it! thanks.
  2. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

Are you going with an aftermarket headunit?
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Are you amping them? Both are great speakers but they will require more power then the radio puts out..
  4. zigger215

That's exactly what I was getting out. You won't notice any difference if you are running them from your factory radio.
  5. silverado346

silverado346 New Member

yes i'm going to run an amp to them. like a 300 watt amp
  6. zigger215

Are you goin to inline convert your signal or are you planning on installing a deck?
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What amp? Brand? Model? RMS power? As said above How are you hooking it up?

Sorry about all the questions But we all try to help but we need to know what we are looking at so we can...:glasses: