1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Deer Season opener in MN, Who is hunting where in the other parts of the world?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by murdog94, Oct 31, 2011.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well I finally got my stand put up down on my land and ready for firearms Deer season opener here in Northern MN. I got lucky and am in an intensive harvest section allowing me to take up to 5 deer (1buck, and 4 does) So i spent a little time, and bought the stand to replace my rickody old stand. it is a command tower from Menards, it is 16ft and has a cover. it is also a tri pod which is nice since the front 40 is logged and getting the right view by tying off to a tree just doesnt do it. And i managed to get my rifle sighted in yesterday thanks heavens since it is illegal to shoot a deer rifle as if sundown last night. I put on a new scope and didnt have it boresighted sooo OOPS!

This is a view from a little bit of a distance it actually blends in ok.
    [​IMG]

And this is a closer view.
    [​IMG]

This is just another angle. And i am actually 3/4 of a mile from the house here but i put in a trail to get my truck that far. We have to use wheelers to get to the other 40 though since i havent had time to open the trail up enough.
    [​IMG]

I am on the top of a hill here, and can pretty much see everything around me pretty well. Now i am just hoping the fog doesnt roll in this year like it has for the last two years and made it virtually impossible to see more than 20yards.

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've got indiana and kentucky tags so I've been out since september first. Took a shot at a nice doe yesterday morning but made a rookie mistake and my big jacket sleeve got caught on my bow string when I released! I was pretty mad but hopefully I'll get a shot at another next weekend! Can't wait for gun season so i can pick off a big buck across the field!

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i would but with work being the way it is plus having to drive forever to do it, i think im gonna pass this year.

Alex

4. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Aww, poor little bambi doesn't know what he is in for. Lol

5. murdog94

I like bambi!! tastes better LOL

6. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

You know I've never had venison, must be cause we can't hunt around here and I love my cattle meat too much.

7. murdog94

Yeah sucks to be you! haha, no i love venison, and beef. But it isnt 100% about the meat the hunt is a blast as well.

8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Turkey Hunting this weekend in northern PA, and after Thanksgiving going deer hunting

9. A1CMason

A1CMason Rockstar

I'm in the Air Force and don't get much time to hunt, but its my passion.....I love it!! Im heading home like I do every year in November to hunt me some monster Illinois white-tail!

10. murdog94

Yep that is what we have here in MN, White Tail. ive got a 14pointer and a few 6-8s running around on the trail cameras... hoping to get a nice one this year.