1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Definition of a Boat

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by tbplus10, Jul 27, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Dang I've never dealt with any Volvo drives. That's rough
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Volvo Penta outdrives are the smoothest shifting and durable outdrives built, no thunk when going into gear they just purr and slip into gear, but when they need work done their the biggest PITA made, theres no easy job on them except changing a prop, unless you have a Duo drive and then even thats a pain.
  3. ahmitchell1

Yea I've always enjoyEd the easy mantience on our Mercs
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My brother just "broke" his boat again. 7th time this year.

Me and K were gonna use it to go catch some redfish tomorrow afternoon but thats cancelled now. Misfiring on #2 cylinder (V6 Evinrude) and it won't kill with the key or the kill switch
  5. ahmitchell1

Ouch how many hours the motor got?
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Surreal's truck is nick named "Land Yacht" but that's another story......... I thought about a getting a boat, there is sort of a "fun and excitement" thing to having a boat.......

Then there is the group that pretty much says...... it is the worst investment anyone can make unless you have the dough to support the habit. I guess owning airplanes would fall into that category too.... cost of investment relative to return.
  7. rileyjr16

I think its a 96. Its been on 2 boats that I know of and both were my brothers. So probably ALOT
  8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

I have been searching hard the past few months for a good buy on a good fishing/tubing boat... wanted to get one by next spring or summer sometime.

This thread is making me think twice about it. Boats have that much trouble huh? I knew they were just like anything else, but I didn't expect to see this many horror stories... geez...
  9. rileyjr16

A big giant one will have its issues. Fiberglass and big motors mostly. Around here (SE Louisiana, the best boats are aluminum flat/semi V (15-18,19 foot) with 40-135 Mercury's (not brand new ones). Suit our needs for hunting, fishing, tubing, hydroslidin (knee boardin), hydrosurfin (wake boarding) just fine.

Hell I had a 14 foot flat with a 9.9 Evinrude (late 80's) that we did all of that ^ behind and fished and hunted out of.
  10. ahmitchell1

Ive always had issues with my smaller Boats and sea doos and our bigger boats run forever.they are all fiber glass with larger motors just properly maintained, and yes they are used regularly my parents live on the water year round