1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Definition of a Boat

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by tbplus10, Jul 27, 2012.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yea yours sounds like it's on par with mine, some years the season can be that way.
  2. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Yea it's been a frustrating, depressing season. The boat is for sale
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah, there are some good guys on the dock near my boat. We've made a few friends just hanging on the dock, and gotten good tips and help in our short time there.

Getting pulled this week for a power wash. I also want to check on my skeg. Hit bottom a couple weeks ago at slow speed which didn't damage the prop, but I'm wondering what the skeg looks like now. :no:
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Skeg looks ok, no damage and the bottom is now barnacle free. Woo hoo. Unfortunately, I checked the price difference between current day care and new with the 2nd on the way and it's the same as the slip. I may need to move to a mooring or switch to a boat that I can trailer. I actually like the idea of trailering since we could take it with us on vacation, and could go out of different spots locally. I'm just concerned that it will be more work and that we won't get the use out of it to justify the cost. If we trailer, I'd also have to switch to a different boat since the SunDancer is not a boat I'd want to trailer often.
  5. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2001 Cobia with a 225 Yamaha on the back. Can't get a better motor than that. The only thing we have had to do is usual maintenance every so often but never more than 100-200. You can't let them sit around for over a year and not use it. Why would you buy it if you don't use it?