Defrost not working

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by budfreak, Jun 18, 2009.

1. budfreak

budfreak Rockstar

My 1997 Chevy Silverado all of a sudden will not go to defrost. When you flip the switch to defrost, it goes to the floor vents and nothing comes from the defroster vents. Is there a stuck lever somewhere? where would I find it?
    Any help is appreciated.

2. budfreak

budfreak Rockstar

BUMP.
    Anybody??

3. jetjarv

jetjarv New Member

i had this exact same problem with my 93 chev truck. i had it fixed almost 10 years ago at the dealership. he didn't even charge me! the service advisor reached under the dash and reconnected a lever that got disconnected. I could see it go up and down when i changed air flow from defrost to floor etc. sorry not much help, but hopefully yours is a simple fix

4. budfreak

budfreak Rockstar

Thanks for the reply. I checked it out and didn't see anything obviously disconnected, But I'll get under there and flip the switch around and try to see what is working what exactly.

5. Haner

Haner New Member

I have the same issue. All the levers seem to be connected. It seems like the stroke of the levers is not long enough, however. I wish we could draw here and my explanation would be more clear. Did you ever find the problem and fix it?

6. jt_5.7

jt_5.7 Rockstar

there is a box under the dash you have to hit it to losen it up its located by the floor vents

7. Haner

Haner New Member

So, we're thinking something is jammed up inside the box and a good slap will free it up?