1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

DEI remote starter not workn properly

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dirtybird819, Jul 16, 2011.

1. dirtybird819

dirtybird819 New Member

i just recently purchased a 2000 GMC sierra z71 and it has a DEI remote starter. when i press the buttons it will do its thing but the starter wont disengage so it shuts its self off. also i just figured out if my keys are in the on position and i the flip thru the gears when it hits nuetral it start up. is it posible the the power wire and remote wire are crossed? or is it another problem?
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Any vehicle with an aftermarket remote starter has to have a box for it, basically this box is like a liason, itcomunicates between thecomputer and factory key fob/alarm and the new brain for the remote starter. Usually these can go bad and they wont talk correctly. but another culprit can be that your battery or altoernator is going thus its not giveng the remote starter the proper power it needs to effectivly do its job.