1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Denali 1500 Lift

Discussion in 'North America - Canada' started by TB_Mafia, Jan 30, 2014.

1. TB_Mafia

TB_Mafia New Member

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site. I have a 2013 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 that I want to lift. Some says its impossible and others say it can be done with a little extra modifying. I know it can affect the drive angles because of the AWD. I am aware that rough country makes a 3.5" lift kit for these trucks. Some say the case needs to be shimmed, and the bump stops on the upper control arms need to be shaved. Has anyone accomplished this and is willing to give me detailed info on how to do it? Does it affect the offset of aftermarket wheels, if so what if the maximum or recommended size a guy should go with after the lift is installed? 20's?22's? Somebody must know something about this!!:great:

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think you ave the air ride and that you may lose but you should be abale to lift it with few problems.. Welcome to the club..Post pics when you do the work

3. Spike

Spike Rockstar

Sounds like it will be a bit of work. But it definitely would be unique. I would also like to see some pics!
    Welcome to the club!

4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

5. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Somewhere on this forum I posted the part number needed. I'll have to find it because I no longer remember. I called my cousin on it last time and he said a 6inch works on these also the same as the regular 1500 line.

As far as the 3.5 inch kits most use a small drop for the diff since anything over 2.5 inches is pushing it. No matter what the kits say "no cut no trim" they lie. In the instructions it says "no cutting required...............on the front diff it must be "SHAVED" down to make for proper fitment." This is how they promote the lift as a no cut kit and can get by that. As far as air ride being able to keep it I'm not sure since I never did Denalis. The offset will not be affected. You can keep your stock 20s if you would like or do 22s if you want something different. Either way a 33 inch tall tire will be about the maximum you will be able to run without any fender modification. Some tires such as the FUEL MUD GRIPPER runs very small and I'm pretty sure will fit with the fender mod.