dent repair

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by blacksilverado07, Mar 11, 2008.

1. blacksilverado07

blacksilverado07 Rockstar

my door recently got a dent and i was wondering, if u would hit it from inside the door panel to try to get it out would that work?

2. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Depends on how bad it is. I know that if the dent is really big and you try to hammer it out with a rubber mallet, the dent will come out but leave behind a "wrinkle" look. If it is small, I would tell you to try it yourself and be really careful. I myself am a victim to being hit by a car while it was parking next to me and I just left the dent there because it was so small and I didn't think it really showed.

3. sierraman

sierraman Rockstar 100 Posts

i had a dent about the size of a silver dollar on my door, i bought a fix-a-dent repair kit from pep boys for 15 bucks(like the ones shown on tv) and it worked great you cant even tell it was there, much cheaper than the dent doctor who quoted it at $320 to fix

4. blacksilverado07

blacksilverado07 Rockstar

thanks i just fixed it today it was about the size of a soccer ball but it wasn't that deep so i took off the door panel and hit it wit a rubber mallet from the inside and it just popped out wit out any wrinkles

5. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Good job! :great: