1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

descreening MAS

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by gotchapunk, Jun 10, 2008.

1. gotchapunk

gotchapunk New Member

For anyone who has ever descreened a MAS, how exactly do you do it? Does it

even make a noticeable difference? It seems to me descreening it would be not unlike performing brain surgery being that the sensors are so freakin thin.:gasp:
  2. Slow1500

Slow1500 Rockstar

i did on my grand prix. I noticed a difference but it caused an eratic idle. It iwll flow more but can cause negative effects like inaccurate air/fuel mixture with real turbulent flow. The screen straightens the airflow. I would leave it in unless you have a highly modified vehicle that needs every bit of air possible
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  3. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Agreed. The MAF screen is there for a reason, so I wouldn't remove it. Getting a good reading to the MAF sensor is a bit more important anyways. :)
  4. gotchapunk

gotchapunk New Member

In retrospect that makes a lot of sense. I'm reluctant to do anything that is going to jack up my ride. I read about a few members having done it...........just curious. Thanks for the help fellas.:happy: