1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Detailing and Appearance Forum!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by ChevyFan, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Let's get some activity in here! What, you people don't take care of your rides?
  2. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

Live in a Apt. and have been using the car wash , soap it down real good, I have diluted car wash in a spray bottle and sponge it off and rinse, dry it and wipe it down with detailer,( water spots ) prefer Armour All or Son of a Gun tire foam , clean rims with a good glass cleaner and windows with news paper no streaks or lint and cheap. Interior I use a Interior cleaner if needed and a light application of Armour All
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  3. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

Guess nobody is interested in this subject Steve , I would would love to have a bunch of Babes in bikinis to help wash my truck
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I like Jeff's way of trying to draw a bit of attention into here :lol:.

Right now, my truck gets to go through the automatic car wash on occasion.... its so slushy and crappy though that in most cases it will look as bad as it did before within a day. I do prefer wand washes, but they are considerably more expensive for a truck around here and much more inconvenient. I've tried the pressure washer a couple of times, but it just doesn't have enough power to be a worthwhile effort.

When it isn't winter though, I like to wash my truck (automatic wash still works nicely for this one since there are no rust bubbles where the paint will blast right off like my silverado was getting). Then I'll dry it off with a microfibre cloth. After that, I spray it and with Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer to maintain the wax and dry the detailer off. I do the bumpers with Mothers chrome polish and the tires with Meguires tire shine, then wipe it off so the tires are shiny but not wet and the tire shine doesnt spray all over my paint. That helps to keep the tires cleaner than just spraying too. The wheels get cleaned as I dry them with the microfibre cloth since they have a sealant on them which only needs soap and water to clean. When the plastic starts to look ugly, I wipe it all down with some of the Meguiars professional vinyl & trim rejuvinator. And for glass, I really like to use Windex Auto... it leaves less streaks than normal windex on any glass, and its powerful enough that it was able to take the gross brown film off of the white paint of my F350.

Then, every spring I clay bar my truck then get out the polisher and do a 3 stage Meguiars polish and wax to get it looking nice and shiny and protect the paint.