1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Detect Tranny Flushing Fluid In Tranny fluid?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Thundare, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Thundare

Thundare Rockstar 100 Posts

Is there anyway to get some kind of tester to detect tranny flushing fluid mixed with regular tranny fluid?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

NOt that i know of, why do you ask???
  3. Thundare

Because i started having transmission problems right after a flush and the tranny fluid is milky. I could not find anyway for water to get in there and the inter cooler is not leaking so i thought it might be wash fluid. The tranny died to if i could prove it was washing fluid i could get a new tranny from the shop.
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I think you might be able to send a sample of your trans fluid to one of the "oil analyzation places" & have them check it for you. It certainly sounds like it might be flushing fluid OR could have been water in the flushing machine that SOMEONE never serviced or bothered to clean out.
    I can't think of any way water or anything else could have found it's way into your trans. There just isn't any "normal" way in...... except the neighbor kid puting a garden hose down the fill tube...

edit** There might even be one of these oil analyz. places in Portland.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  5. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Question: Did you completely flush your tranny when using the tranny flush fluid? Or did you only change out 5 quarts? Because I almost made that mistake myself.
  6. Thundare

Thanks Stephan ill look into that.

And i had a shop flush it for me Ridick so it should have been a full thing.
  7. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

If u had the flush done before the problems...go back and let them fix it or sue them !!!!!

The guys here in our local shop, use only tranny fluid to flush, so i dont know what that shop did to yours or what they used,,,,but something isn't right.