1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

DFW Car Show on Sat July 14, 2012 - House of Hotrods in Mansfield, Texas

Discussion in 'Meets & Get-Togethers' started by ChevyFan, Jun 12, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Saturday, July 14th, 2012
    Starts at 9:00 AM ~ Awards at 2:30 PM

House of Hotrods and Classics
    is hosting a Summer Car Show and Food Drive in Mansfield, Texas. Come by and enter your car or truck, or just feast your eyes on all that's happening on the 9-acre campus. There's sure to be all types of cars at this event - Hot Rods, Classic Cars, Fully Custom rides, Lifted and Show Trucks and maybe a Dragsters or two.

summer-car-show.jpg
    Car Show Information - Learn More >>

House of Hotrods & Classics
    2301 Hwy 1187 Suite 201
    Mansfield, Texas 76063

About the Event:

• Family-Friendly Event, bounce houses for kids and more.
    • Hundreds of Cars - hot rods, restored classic cars, custom cars and more are expected.
    • Several Award Categories ~ enter your car or truck.
    • A Live Band will be playing IN A COVERED building - to keep you out of the sun!
    • Mansfield Fire & Swat exhibits for the kids (and the kid in you).
    • Plenty of Parking, they've even got some reserved parking for car clubs.
    • After-Party at Fat Daddy's in Mansfield starting at 4 pm.

Here are a couple of the House of Hotrods vehicles that will be on display
    Note: House of Hotrods probably will have out at least 25 or more classics and hot rods for display. This does not include the hundreds of owner cars that will be on display. Plus you will have the chance to tour the facilities and talk with many of the House of Hotrods staff and more during your time here.

Grasshopper - Custom GMC Rock Crawler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMDVgqU6wfY

113big.jpg

1949 Mercury Custom “Pinky”
    - 2010 George Barris Award Winner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjjTU1ZaeH0

96big.jpg

1955 Chevy Cameo Pickup

20big.jpg

1982 Custom Corvette - Bo & Jim 30th Anniversary Bash
    Get a sneak peek at the custom 1982 Corvette that we're building for the Bo & Jim Radio Show (Lonestar 92.5). Bo & Jim will be here at some point during the day, so stop by and get your photo taken with these Dallas-radio legends.

IMG_8983.jpg \

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6msDGcXjnzY

There's a lot more than I can type up here, but it's going to be a fun event and I'll be there in the morning for a little bit as well, so stop by and say hello!

Update: I don't work for House of Hotrods directly, but I do have some common interests with them and I will be at the show off and on during the day. Please add a comment to this thread if you are going to be there and bring your truck and we'll get a picture together!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just to bump this, there is a band there and we've got a ton of people looks like this will be a big car show. Bring your car to enter to win or just show up and walk around and chat with folks.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm planning on coming out that afternoon.
    Are they gonna have an "in work" or "Project" category? I've got everything rebuilt/replaced and back to factory on the wifes 70 Nova except it needs paint and body work now so the only place it would fit is project, thinking about bringing it out.

4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I might show up, I get back from vacation that friday so I may choose to sleep but you never know..

5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Send Pictures as I am back in the rocky mountains

6. ChevyFan

Bo and Jim from Lonestar 92.5 are going to be out there for the show as well. You can go to the www.txhouseofhotrods.com website for more information ...

7. tbplus10

Did you guys do the Corvette for their 30th anniversary?

8. ChevyFan

I don't actually work for the House of Hotrods, but yes they are doing the '82 Corvette for the Bo & Jim 30th Anniversay Bash and I've been told that it will be on display and will be about 90% complete, they're fretting that not enough of the parts and stuff they ordered for the project will be here in time. (For those that don't get it, 1982-2002 ... 30 years ... an 1982 Corvette is probably the best platform to build a custom Hot Rod from those lean "energy-saving" engine years.

Bo & Jim will be onsite at some point during the day, I can call up the guys at HOHR and see when they think they'll show up.

9. tbplus10

I'm planning on riding my bike out there with a friend from work, we'll be there about 11:00 so if your still there I'll look ya up.

10. ChevyFan

They just posted one of the awards that they're going to be giving out tomorrow up on facebook.

House of Hotrods Car Show Award
    548106_10150935873103471_121192474_n.jpg